Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 5

On the fifth day of my Zimbabwean adventure I stayed in Harare again. The first place I visited was the famous Harare balancing rocks that was found as it is today. This place consisted of 4 large rocks balancing on top of each other and it was amazing to witness. The second place I visited was Mukuvisi Woodlands and that is where I was taken on a tour and I was taught about how we can preserve our environment. Before I went to the third destination of the day I had lunch at Coimbra, a restaurant conveniently placed in Harare, where I ate the peri peri chicken with garlic sauce added. It was my first time ever trying the combination of garlic and chicken, but it was delicious. The final destination of the day was the National Gallery of Zimbabwe, where there were tons of art pieces and ancient carvings on wood that was fascinating to look at and try to imagine being there when these pieces were created.

Harare Balancing Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment