Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 4

I started this day with a lunch at Libby's Restaurant where I ate the soup of the day, which was peanut and vegetable soup, and it was excellent. Then I was off to Matobo National Park, where the game was a little different than my normal big cat expectation. I saw three different species of antelope, kudu, sable, and eland. I also saw many different birds and herd many different sounds through the lush flora of Matobo National Park. The next place I visited was the Khami Ruins monument that was astounding to just look at. I found out from a tour guide that the ruins used to be a illustrious city in the 13th and 14th centuries. I walked further into the area where I saw a pile of hut remains that had collapsed in pressure of old age. I left there to visit my third and final attraction of the day. The Bulawayo Natural History Museum took me back into African History and made me appreciate the struggles that African people went though everyday just to survive a minute. My 4th day in Zimbabwe was a very memorable and tiring day. And I can look back on it and say that I lived that day to the fullest.  
Bulawayo Natural History Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment