Friday, March 2, 2012

Renaissance Person

         

      I, William Wallace, am a brave warrior of Scotland. I was born in 1272, in the town of Ederslie, Scotland. I am the second son of Sir Malcolm Wallace. My friend, John Blair, is making a biography on my life as we speak. When I was just a boy I spent all of my time in Dunipace, learning things with my uncle, and learning from him I took a love for liberty.
     I was around ten when I first killed another soul, it was a young Englishmen named Selby, I only did it because he insulted me. I was banned a couple years later, into the wilds of Scotland. I started to gather brave men together and led attacks against the English. Because of all these attacks I was now a wanted man, and I found myself being chased by all sorts of guards and knights. In my return to Newcastle, I was named guardian of the kingdom, for my brave fighting and loyalty.
     I resigned the office of guardian, and betook myself again to a wandering life and a desultory and predatory warfare against the English. I now, payed a visit to France to try to get the king on my side for the upcoming battle. While I was gone, all of my men were taken and I was left alone, and after this the English king asked me for allegiance. I refused, and kept denying until he set a price on my head, now I was getting nervous. I decided to travel to London for refuge but instead I was captured and sentenced to death.
     Sitting here under this large man with a large weapon has made me regret some of the lives I stole and all of the people I have disappointed. So I now leave you with a poem, 

'This is the truth I tell you:
of all things freedom’s most fine.
Never submit to live, my son,
in the bonds of slavery entwined.’

No comments:

Post a Comment